So what's this all about?

Well, put simply, me trying to take and post a photo every day for a year, starting with 1st April 2008.  I hope that I can pull it off, but I'm confident.  Obviously there will be days when I can't post, but I should be able to take a photo every day, with a bit of luck...

Thursday, 10 April 2008

The seagull is ruler of Brighton Beach

He ruled the roost. Or at least, he thought he did. This was the scene after he had been shunted off the prestigious position of on top of the big yellow post which has gone white at the top from birds taking an unhealthy interest in it. They do make quite a din. Anyhow, this big yellow post marks one end of the narrow channel on the Brighton and Hove seafront where boats can use the beach. Seagulls like it so much because the boats are all fishing boats and there's a small fish shop on the beach. I would imagine that the bird on the post is the dominant male in the society, hence the ease with which this one gave up his seat when challenged.

No comments: